it’s been less than 24 hours yall, and already I have learned quite a bit about my buzzing new city, Bozeman.
1. People here are not real humans. At least they can’t be. No one has real skin and can wear t shirts when its 3º out.
2. They are INCREDIBLY nice. They are always smiling and holding doors and giving directions and making small talk. I haven’t encountered a mean one yet (more proof that they might not be human.)
3. I actually have a pretty decent head o’ hair on me. Take that, Southern humidity
4. Hand lotion exists for a reason. Use it.
5. Don’t scrape snow off the top of your car with the doors open. #No,really?
6. Insurance is half the price in Montana than it was in Louisiana. Win.
7. There is no underlying, unspoken pressure to be tan. We are all pasty and we all deal.
8. There is almost no crime in Bozeman. No seriously, look up how cute the crime map is.
9. On that note, most people don’t lock their doors.
10. Don’t worry mom, I’ll still be locking my doors.
11. Jewelry cleaner freezes when left in the car. As does mascara. As does a computer. As does just about anything.
12. I’m going to love it here.
That’s all for now kiddos! More about the actual adventures of the cross country trip later.